July 28, 2011 Minutes
July 28, 2011 Minutes (PDF, 74 KB)
- Call to Order
David Eldridge welcomed everyone to the meeting and called the meeting to order at 1:00 P.M.
- Roll Call
Corrie Smith conducted the Roll Call, present at the meeting were the following members:
( see attached)
Richard W. Gloede
Dr. Bryson joined the meeting after adjournment; CMS had a problem connecting him to the server.
Christine M. Dickey
Not present at the meeting were the following members:
Dr. Seymour Bryson
Daniel A. Strick
- Approval of the Minutes of the June 14th Meeting
David Eldridge stated there was a quorum present and asked if there were any questions about the previous minutes.
Question: Audrey McCrimon asked if she could be counted as being at the meeting on June 14th and June 2nd.
Answer: David Eldridge pointed out that the June 2nd minutes were not approved at the June 14th meeting. The minutes were tabled at the June 14th awaiting legal determination of whether Audrey McCrimon could be deemed in attendance at the June 2nd meeting when she tried to attend the meeting but the posting was put on the wrong room; she later found the right room and attended the meeting, but no posting was on that room.
David Eldridge notified everyone that legal determined Audrey could not be counted as present at a meeting, because, even though she attended, the proper room was not properly posted under the Open Meeting Act. Audrey McCrimon said “You mean I was present, but will not be counted.” David Eldridge said, “Yes.” But, David Eldridge stated that the meeting at issue was actually the May 17th meeting, not the June 2nd meeting as previously discussed at the June 14 meeting. He then pointed out that the minutes for the May 17th meeting had already been approved with Audrey McCrimon having been listed as absent in those minutes. So, the issue was basically moot anyway.
Audrey McCrimon also made a correction on the misspelling of Mr. Kesteloot in the previous minutes.
The minutes for both the June 2nd and the June 14th meetings were unanimously approved.
David Eldridge asked for a motion to approve minutes from the June 14th meeting
Motion: To Approve Curt Massie
Motion: To Second Dick Gloede
David Eldridge announced minutes were unanimously approved.
- Review of and Vote on Proposed Contracts ( see attachment for list of contracts)
David Eldridge asked if we were now ready to vote on the contracts.
Corrie Smith read all contracts (see attachment)
David Eldridge announced the contracts were unanimously approved.
- New Business
Jeremy Bliss gave a Managers Report.
David Eldridge explained that the 5 Year Plan was passed into Legislation in 2009, due to not enough members on the State Use Committee it was delayed. This plan should be done by August 31st and each member will receive a copy of the draft prior to August 31st.
- Discussed the fair market pricing and explained how the Producer Price Index was a good benchmark for commodity contracts because it measures changes in wholesale prices. If a producer price increases by some per cent, we should not see an increase much more than that change. State Use is also working on developing a tracking sheet that will compare the value of State Use janitorial contracts to those that are competitively bid to ensure that reasonable pricing is received. Jeremy asked the Committee if they had any suggestions to improve the process, the Committee could email him directly with suggestions.
- A 3 year history report by region was presented. Since this report, two Rehabilitation Facilities received a janitorial contract, one is Streator Unlimited and the other is Land of Lincoln Goodwill.
- An update of the 5 Year Plan was given; there has been good progress thus far and should be completed within a few weeks. Product is quality and sure the committee will be pleased.
- A copy of the plan will be distributed to each member a few days before the next meeting for review and discussion. The hope is that the plan can be approved at the next meeting.
- Future Meeting Dates
The next meeting is set for August 24 to review the 5 Year Plan; another meeting is scheduled for November 16th.
David Eldridge asked if there were any other matters.
Motion: To adjourn was made by Curt Massie
David Eldridge announced the motion to adjourn was unanimously approved and adjourned the Meeting.
Motion: To Second by Dick Gloede