Holiday Cards to Troops
Thanks so much for participating in the Holiday Cards to Troops Program!
As we approach December, we’ve already had an overwhelming response, with schoolchildren across Illinois writing cards to the heroes who have served their nation so bravely. But there’s still more time, and we’d like all servicemembers to see how thankful we are for their sacrifice.
Please keep the cards coming so we can show how much Illinois cares about our men and women in uniform.
This year, Governor Quinn will be traveling to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, where he will be hand-delivering cards from your students to recovering members of the Armed Forces. In previous years he has traveled to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. This year, most servicemembers are recovering in Bethesda.
Cards have to be received by December 6. They can be sent to:
Office of Governor Pat Quinn
Attn: Holiday Cards to Troops Program
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street, Suite 16-100
Chicago, IL 60601
If you have any questions about Governor Quinn’s Holiday Cards to Troops Program, please don’t hesitate to contact us at GOV.Cards4troops@illinois.gov.
- Holiday cards of all types are welcome (i.e. Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, etc.)
- Cards created by grade school students only.
- Cards should be no larger than a regular 8.5x11 piece of paper.
- Cards may be handmade or computer generated.
- Stack cards neatly and bundle with rubber bands.
- Include one index card with your school’s name and mailing address.
- Cards Only - We are unable to accept items other than holiday cards.