The special events staff of the James R. Thompson Center is skilled in handling all types of special events-from small conferences to elaborate functions with entertainment, dining, meetings, and exhibits. Please call the Special Events Administrator with any questions concerning your plans for a special event in Chicago.
- The Center is available to all groups and individuals on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Reservations are accepted up to two years in advance.
- All reservation requests must be submitted in writing to the events administrator and approved by the Illinois Department of Central Management Services.
Areas Available for Special Events
- Concourse level
- Atrium level
- Assembly Hall - 600-seat capacity
- Conference/Hearing rooms - 6-140 capacity
- Outdoor Plaza and Covered Arcade
Food and Beverage Service
Food and beverage service can be provided through TPG / Atrium Mall Management at 312-346-0777, ext. 225.
Insurance Lease Agreement
A signed copy of the lease agreement is due one month prior to the event.
The base rental fee and expected attendance fee are due at least two weeks prior to the event. Any additional fees are due within 10 days of billing.
Film Crews and Photographers
The Center has been used in a variety of major motion pictures and television programs. Film crews and photographers are welcome; however, prior approval by the building manager is required.
Special Events Director
James R. Thompson Center
Chicago, IL 60601-3220