Skip to Main Content
Accountability. Efficiency. Service.


  1. CMS
  2. Employee Services
  3. Benefits
  4. State Employee Benefits

FSA Migration 


The State of Illinois Medical Care and Dependent Care Assistance Programs, currently administered by Fringe Benefits Management Company, a Division of WageWorks (FBWW), will be moving to a new claim-processing system supported by WageWorks, Inc (“WageWorks”) effective July 1, 2013. Between July 1, 2013, and July 14, 2013, all current MCAP and DCAP accounts will be transitioned to the new WageWorks system. This two-week period will be a HOLD PERIOD during which no FY2013 claims will be processed. This hold period is needed to transfer the accurate account balances to WageWorks from FBWW. You are encouraged to submit all FY2013 claims prior to June 30, 2013; otherwise, you will not be reimbursed until after the hold period.

For information regarding FY2013 FSA account transactions that occurred on or prior to June 30, 2013, visit or contact Fringe Benefits Management Company, a Division of WageWorks Customer Service toll-free at (800) 342-8017.

For information regarding transactions that occur on or after July 1, 2013, visit or contact WageWorks Customer Service toll-free at (855) 428-0446.

Due to this transition, there will be several changes for which you need to be aware. Please read the following FAQs very carefully:

Q1: I was enrolled in MCAP and/or DCAP for FY2013 and am also enrolling for FY2014. Which website (WageWorks or myFBMC) should I access to view my FY2013 transactions?

A1: All FY2013 myFBMC® Card and paper claim reimbursements that occur on or before June 30, 2013, will appear on FY2013 grace-period transactions that occurred on or after July 1st, including paper claims sent to WageWorks during the hold period, will appear on The FY2013 account balance as of June 30th will appear on the FBWW system; however, this balance will not be updated after June 30th. For the current FY2013 account balance, you will need to access the WageWorks website.

Q2: Who should I call after June 30 if I have questions regarding my FY2013 or FY2014 FSA account?

A2: If you have questions or concerns regarding your account after June 30, you should call WageWorks Customer Service toll-free at (855) 428-0446.

Q3: Do I still send paper claims to the same address and phone number that I do now?

A3: No. Beginning July 1st, you will need to submit your claims (for FY2013 and FY2014) for MCAP and/or DCAP to the following address and fax:

Claims Administrator
P.O. Box 14326
Lexington, KY 40512
Toll-free Fax Phone #: (855) 291-0625

Any MCAP card transaction from FY2013 (July 1, 2012 through June 30, 2013) that needs to be substantiated must be submitted to FBMC with an FBMC Claim Form to:

P.O. Box 1810
Tallahassee, FL 32302-1810
Toll-free Fax Phone #: (866) 440-7152

Q4: Do I use the same claim form for MCAP and DCAP reimbursements starting July 1st that I currently use for FBWW?

A4: No. Beginning July 1st, there will be new claim forms for MCAP and DCAP. A new form for substantiating outstanding WageWorks Visa card transactions, called the Card Use Verification (CUV) form, will be generated and automatically sent to you when you use your debit card and need to substantiate that expense. The claim forms will be on and beginning July 1, 2013.

Q5: What happens if I use my new WageWorks® Health Care Card during the two-week hold period?

A5: Expenses paid for with the WageWorks Health Care card between July 1 and July 14, 2013, will be paid out of your FY2014 account, EVEN IF YOU HAVE A REMAINING BALANCE IN YOUR FY2013 ACCOUNT. Once the hold period is over and your FY2013 account balance has been transferred to the new WageWorks System, any expenses paid with the card will be taken from the remaining FY2013 account balance prior to using any FY2014 funds.

Q6: Will I receive a new health care card this year?

A6: Yes. All MCAP participants who enroll for FY2014 will receive a new WageWorks® Health Care Card that will work with the WageWorks system. The myFBMC Card will be deactivated after June 30, 2013. Participants who do not re-enroll for the FY2014 plan year will need to send any grace period claims (i.e., MCAP expenses incurred July 1st through September 15th) to WageWorks on a paper claim form as the myFBMC® Card will not work during the grace period.

Q7: Who do I call if I lose or never receive my WageWorks® Health Care Card?

A7: Participants who lose or never receive their WageWorks® Health Care card can call the Lost/Stolen phone line to order a new card or cancel their lost/never received card at WageWorks Customer Service toll-free at (855) 428-0446. There is no charge for replacement cards.

Q8: I only received one WageWorks® Health Care Card for my account. How do I order additional cards for my spouse and my child who is away at college?

A8: Participants who would like additional WageWorks Health Care cards can call WageWorks Customer Service at (855) 428-0446 to order an additional card at no cost. Participants can also order new cards through the WageWorks website at Cards ordered for dependents will be issued in the dependent’s name with a different card number than the participant’s card.

Q9: Do I need to resubmit my direct deposit application?

A9: No. Direct deposit banking information will be transferred to the WageWorks system and does not need to be resubmitted.

Q10: Do I need to resubmit my letter of medical necessity or power of attorney documents?

A10: No. Power of attorney and letters of medical necessity will be transferred to the WageWorks system and do not need to be resubmitted.