State Employees Group
The following vendors have signed a 90-day contract, which will be effective July 1st: Health Alliance HMO, Health Alliance Illinois, HealthLink OAP, PersonalCare HMO, and PersonalCare OAP. These options are in addition to HMO Illinois, BlueAdvantage HMO and the Quality Care Health Plan (administered by CIGNA), which are also available.
The State and Humana Health Plans were unable to come to an agreement on the terms of a 90-day contract. Members currently enrolled in Humana must select one of the other available health plan vendor options by close of business on Monday, June 20th. Enrollment forms postmarked by June 20th will be accepted and processed. Current Humana members who do not select a new health plan by the deadline will be defaulted into the CIGNA plan effective July 1, 2011.
What Does This Mean for You, the Member?
- If you are currently enrolled in a health plan that is now available through a 90-day contract and have not submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form to change your current health plan carrier, you do not need to do anything. You will continue to have coverage under your current plan on July 1, 2011.
- If you submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to your current health plan carrier and you wish to keep that health plan carrier, you do not need to do anything. You will continue to have coverage under your new plan on July 1, 2011.
- If you submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to your current health plan carrier and you wish to either change that election to a different carrier or change your election back to your current carrier, you must submit a new Benefit Choice Enrollment form indicating your desired election. You will have coverage under the plan you elected on your latest enrollment form effective July 1, 2011.
How much will my health plan cost for my dependents?
Please see the FY 2012 Dependent Contribution Rate Sheet for the dependent premiums that will be effective July 1, 2011.
How do I know which plans are available in my county?
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in Health Alliance HMO, PersonalCare HMO, or Health Alliance Illinois, use the FY 2011 managed care plan map.
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in HealthLink OAP, PersonalCare OAP, HMO Illinois, BlueAdvantage HMO, use the FY 2012 managed care plan map.
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in the CIGNA plan, this plan is nationwide and available in every Illinois county.
Will there still be a Special Enrollment Period?
CMS is still committed to a special enrollment period; however, at this time the dates have not been determined. Once dates have been set, information will be provided to you and will also be available on this website.
The following health plans are available for the FY 2012 Benefit Choice Period and will be effective July 1, 2011: