Teachers’ Retirement Insurance Program (TRIP) Benefit Plans
The following vendors have signed a 90-day contract, which will be effective July 1st: Health Alliance HMO, Health Alliance Illinois, HealthLink OAP, PersonalCare HMO, and PersonalCare OAP. These options are in addition to HMO Illinois, BlueAdvantage HMO and CIGNA, which are also available.
The State and Humana Health Plans were unable to come to an agreement on the terms of a 90-day contract. Members currently enrolled in Humana must select one of the other available health plan vendor options by close of business on Monday, June 20th. Enrollment forms postmarked by June 20th will be accepted and processed. Current Humana members who do not select a new health plan by the deadline will be defaulted into the CIGNA plan effective July 1, 2011.
What Does This Mean for You, the Member?
- If you are currently enrolled in a health plan that is now available through a 90-day contract and have not submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form to change your current health plan carrier, you do not need to do anything. You will continue to have coverage under your current plan on July 1, 2011.
- If you submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to your current health plan carrier and you wish to keep that health plan carrier, you do not need to do anything. You will continue to have coverage under your new plan on July 1, 2011.
- If you submitted a Benefit Choice Enrollment form that indicated a change to your current health plan carrier and you wish to either change that election to a different carrier or change your election back to your current carrier, send an email to TRSFY12BenefitsChoice@trs.illinois.gov. Type your full name and the last four digits of your social security number in the body of the email so we can match your email to your record. We will send you an email to confirm we received your email and will mail you a document for your signature.
How do I know which plans are available in my county?
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in Health Alliance HMO, PersonalCare HMO, or Health Alliance Illinois, use the managed care plan map found in the FY 2011 Benefit Choice booklet.
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in HealthLink OAP, PersonalCare OAP, HMO Illinois or BlueAdvantage HMO, use the managed care plan map found in the FY 2012 Benefit Choice booklet.
- If, on July 1, 2011, you will be enrolled in the CIGNA plan, this plan is nationwide and available in every Illinois county.
Will there still be a Special Enrollment Period?
CMS is still committed to a special enrollment period; however, at this time the dates have not been determined. Once dates have been set, information will be provided to you and will also be available on this website.
The following health plans are available for the FY 2012 Benefit Choice Period and will be effective July 1, 2011: