Travel Meeting Minutes March 3, 2011 (PDF, 148 KB)
Governor's Travel Control Board
Meeting of the Board
March 3, 2011
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman James P. Sledge
- Simone McNeil
- Kelley Shaw, State Travel Coordinator
- Bob Morgan, Deputy General Counsel
- Call to Order
On March 3, 2011 at approximately 10 a.m., Chairman James P. Sledge called to order a meeting of the Governor’s Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
November 17, 2010
The minutes of the meeting of November 17, 2010 were approved. Motion made by Chairman Sledge with a second by Simone McNeil to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY11 2nd Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- The Board gave approval for an employee of the Department of Central Management Services to claim $147.71 for a Late Cancellation Fee charged by a hotel.
- Permission was given for an employee of the Department of Revenue to claim reimbursement in the amount of $33 for a one way fare on Amtrak.
- The Board approved an excess lodging charge of $171.94 for an employee of IDPH.
- An employee of the IL Dept. of Financial and Professional Regulation was approved to claim reimbursement in the amount of $50.00 for an Early Departure Fee.
- An employee of IEPA was given approval to claim an Excess Lodging Fee in the amount of $171.94.
- Official approval was given for employees of the Illinois Tollway to claim In Headquarters Expenses in order to perform services during a blizzard.
- Travel Exceptions – More Information Required
- An employee of IDOT traveled out of state and incurred an Excess Baggage Fee.
- An employee of IDES incurred an Airline Change Fee and a Travel Agent Fee in the amount of $332.00 for out of state travel which was canceled. Reimbursement was requested.
- An employee of CMS incurred a Late Checkout fee of $50.00.
- An employee of IDPH requested In Headquarters Lodging Expenses.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m. Motion carried 2-0 with Simone McNeil making the motion and Chairman Sledge with the second.