Skip to Main Content


  1. CPO
  2. Department of Transportation


What types of bulletins are available and what contracts are covered by each of these bulletins?

The Notices of Contract Awards Transportation Bulletin at contains notices of awards for all procurements advertised in the various Transportation Bulletins. All awards are located in this location to make it simpler for interested individuals to find them.

The Bureau of Local Roads Contractors Transportation Bulletin at contains advertisements of procurement opportunities for local agency highway construction contracts.

The Construction Contractors Transportation Bulletin-Notice of Letting at contains advertisements of procurement opportunities for IDOT highway construction contracts as well as some contracts for the Division of Water Resources at the Department of Natural Resources.

The Consultants Professional Transportation Bulletin at contains advertisements of procurement opportunities for Engineering and Surveying professional services contracts.

The Transportation Procurement Bulletin Web Page at  features procurement information for the construction and consulting industry, and the general public.  Postings include Invitations for Bid and Request for Proposals from a variety of Bureaus within the Department of Transportation.  The site also features important procurement information and links to contract award notices including sole source procurements, emergency purchases, change orders which exceed $30,000, and renewal notices. 

 How can I find out when these Bulletins are published?

The Proposed Transportation Bulletin Schedules link gives you a link to a calendar of planned publication dates. The Notice of Contract Awards and Transportation Procurement Bulletin Web Pages are updated as needed. This could be several times a day

 Can I subscribe to these bulletins so I get them automatically?

There is no subscription service available for the Notice of Contract Awards, for the other Bulletins go to in order to subscribe.

Who can I contact if I need technical assistance in downloading these files?

You can contact Tim Garman at 217-524-1642 or e-mail him at

Who do I contact regarding doing business with the Division of Aeronautics?

Visit the Division of Aeronautics website at  

Who do I contact to get prequalified to do business with IDOT?

If you are a consultant, please visit the Consultant Prequalification page at

If you are a contractor, please visit  the Prime Contractor page at

If you are unable to access the Consultant Prequalification website, please contact the Bureau of Design and Environment at 217-782-7526.

If you are unable to access the Prime Contractor website, please contact the Bureau of Construction at 217-782-3413.

Who should I contact if I am interested in providing materials or services for non-transportation procurements?

Please visit the Illinois Procurement Bulletin at

Who should I contact if I am interested in doing business with the  State of Illinois?

Please visit the Sell to Illinois website at

Where can I find Tollway  Information?

For roadways under the jurisdiction of the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (ISTHA) please call (630)241-6800 or contact the ISTHA at

How do I  file a protest?

Title 44, Section 6.420 of the Administrative Code at outlines procedure on how to file a protest.  If you have further questions please email for clarification.

How do I apply for IDOT DBE certification?

You must complete and submit an Illinois Certification Program “Uniform Certification Application,” plus all required/requested information. The application is available on IDOT’s web site or by contacting IDOT’s Bureau of Small Business Enterprises at 217/782-5490