The objective of the Public Contracts Unit (PCU) is to enforce provisions of the Illinois Human Rights Act and the Department’s Administrative Rules that apply to public contractors and eligible bidders and require them to refrain from unlawful discrimination, undertake affirmative action in employment, and develop a written sexual harassment policy.
PCU’s traditional mission has been carried out through a series of activities:
- Registration of potential state bidders and the maintenance of eligibility status records.
- Compliance reviews of public contractors and eligible bidders to determine adherence to pertinent provisions of the Act and the Rules.
- Technical assistance regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action provided to public contractors, eligible bidders, contracting agencies, and units of the Department.
- Oversight of the EEO/AA monitoring programs for public contractors and eligible bidders operated by other units of state government under the authority of the Act and the Rules.
All entities that wish to do business with any agency, board, or commission of the State of Illinois must register for an eligible bidder number through the Illinois Department of Human Rights (IDHR) by filing an Employer Report Form (PC-1) with the IDHR Public Contracts unit.
Please be aware that all those filing for, or renewing an IDHR number will be charged a $75.00 (non-refundable) registration fee. Such registration will be valid for five years from the date of issuance. If your entity wishes to register multiple locations that all have the same FEIN as the corporate office, you must submit a completed PC-1 application for each Illinois location to be eligible to bid on business with the State of Illinois. No additional fee is required.
No entity will be issued an IDHR number without a declaration of an existing Model Employer Sexual Harassment Policy.
All potential bidders must file if any one of the following applies:
- The business entity employs 15 or more persons at the time of application for a public contract;
- The business entity has employed 15 or more persons at any time during the 365-day period prior to the date of your applying for a public contract;
- The business entity is directed to file by a contracting agency of the State of Illinois, any political subdivision, or a municipal corporation.
Vendors who wish to register for the first time and those who wish to renew a valid IDHR Employer Eligibility Number may do so through the Public Contracts Vendor On-Line Registration with a valid credit card. If your company has multiple locations with the same FEIN as the corporate headquarters, you cannot register First Time (Initial) locations or renew locations currently registered with IDHR through this website. The corporate headquarters for the company must renew the location(s) by submitting a First Time Employer Report Form (PC-1) or a Vendor Renewal for Employer Report Form (PC-1) via regular mail for no additional fee.
The First Time Employer Report Form (PC-1) and the Vendor Renewal for Employer Report Form (PC-1) is deemed filed when it is properly completed, signed, and received at the IDHR Chicago office with the $75.00 (non-refundable) registration fee payable to the Illinois Department of Human Rights in the form of a certified check, cashier’s check, or money order. Submissions by certified checked, cashier's check, or money order must be mailed to:
Illinois Department of Human Rights Fiscal Unit
100 W. Randolph Street, Suite 10-100
Chicago, Illinois 60601
For more information or if vendors wish to update their address, phone number, contact or EEO information, please contact the Public Contracts Unit by Email. The Public Contracts Unit can also be contacted at the following address or telephone number:
Public Contracts Unit
Illinois Department of Human Rights
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
(312) 814-2431 (telephone)
(312) 814-2397 (facsimile)