March 3, 2011
Attendees (phone and in-person):
- Dave Barnes, Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS)
- Janet Barrett, OSF Healthcare
- Julie Bonello, Access Community Health Network
- Kelly Carter, Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- Connie Christen, HFS
- Andrew Garrett, HFS
- Ivan Handler, HFS
- Krysta Heaney, Office of Health Information Technology (OHIT)
- Roger Holloway, Illinois Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (ILHITREC)
- Peter Ingram, Sinai Health System
- Vince Keenan, Illinois Academy of Family Physicians
- Mike Koetting, HFS
- Frank Kopel, HFS
- Stan Krok, Children's Memorial Hospital
- John Lekich, HFS
- Michael McCabe, UnitedHealthcare
- Mary McGinnis, OHIT
- Pat Merryweather, Illinois Hospital Association
- Renee Perry, HFS
- Mary Ring, Illinois Critical Access Network
- Katherine Sherman, Fox Systems
- Theresa Walunas, Chicago Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (CHITREC)
- Laura Zaremba, OHIT
State Medicaid Health IT Plan (SMHP)
Peter Ingram opened the meeting by stating that the purpose of the today's meeting is to discuss the comments which were submitted by work group members for the SMHP. Peter, and Renee Perry, thanked everyone for their contributions to the SMHP.
Renee Perry reviewed the comment log that was distributed for this meeting along with the SMHP plan requirements. Renee indicated that there were a few outstanding items for the SMHP and that she hopes to submit them at the end of next week. If anyone has additional comments, please send them to Renee. The turnaround time for CMS to review the SMHP is estimated to be between four to six weeks.
Peter Ingram asked about the next steps for this work group. Renee indicated that there is still work to be completed that would benefit from the input of this group. For example, the EP instructions need to be completed and there is a need to address the various scenarios raised by this group. Renee hopes to have additional information available for review and discussion by the March 21, 2011, meeting. The group agreed to cancel the meeting scheduled on March 7, 2011, and to reconvene on March 21, 2011.
Peter Ingram asked about tasks that this group can review and discuss for the next phase of the EHR incentive program administration. Renee and Peter will discuss some ideas about the possible tasks and opportunities and inform the group of their brainstorming efforts. Laura Zaremba stated that she'd like this work group to continue meeting to assist the Office of Health Information Technology and HFS work through key issues that will impact providers.
Develop Agenda for Next Meeting
Address Scenarios (Renee Perry)
Instructions for Provider Volume Calculation Sheet (Renee Perry)