April 4, 2011
Attendees (phone and in-person):
- Amanda Attaway, Illinois State Medical Society
- Janet Barrett, OSF Healthcare
- Pat Borrowdale, Pediatric Health Associates
- Steve Bradley, Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS)
- Kelly Carter, Illinois Primary Health Care Association
- Connie Christen, HFS
- Andrew Garrett, HFS
- Ivan Handler, Office of Health Information Technology (OHIT)
- Krysta Heaney, OHIT
- Roger Holloway, Illinois Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (IL-HITREC)
- Peter Ingram, Sinai Health System
- Vince Keenan, Illinois Academy of Family Physicians
- Frank Kopel, HFS
- Stan Krok, Children's Memorial Hospital
- Mike McCabe, United Healthcare
- Elizabeth McKnight, Chicago Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (CHITREC)
- Susan Melczer, Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council
- Renee Perry, HFS
- Mary Ring, Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network
- Pat Schou, Illinois Critical Access Hospital Network
- Katherine Sherman, Fox Systems
- Theresa Walunas, CHITREC
- Matt Werner, Consultant
- Randy Wolfe,
- Laura Zaremba, OHIT
Renee Perry reported that the SMHP had not been approved internally at HFS yet. Laura Zaremba said that she would follow-up with HFS about obtaining approval. Renee indicated that once the plan is submitted to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), it is estimated to take four weeks for their approval.
Instructions and Identifying Testers for Provider Volume Calculation Sheet
Renee Perry will send the draft instructions for the Provider Volume Calculation Worksheet to Connie Christen to distribute for review and testing. Renee would like the group to let her know if the instructions are clear, and if anything is missing. Peter Ingram encouraged everyone to test with different people.
Roger Holloway said that he's heard from a few providers that went to the HFS Web site that indicated that the Web site shows that the incentive payment implementation date will be in early spring and suggested that the site be updated. Laura Zaremba asked Connie Christen to send the work group the provider notice that was sent out, so that Roger can share with those providers.
Renee told the group about an internal education session on Meaningful Use that her office developed. The education session will be added to the next Work Group Agenda.
Status on IL Health Information Exchange
Laura Zaremba reported that the Office of Health Information Technology (OHIT) is developing the specifications for the core services implementation, for the statewide HIE infrastructure. Core services implementation is planned to begin in 2012. Throughout 2011, a technology vendor will be secured and will begin implementing various components. Those components will be put in place to ensure that every provider in Illinois, regardless of where they are, has the ability to exchange data. Those core services include the Master Patient Index, the Record Locator Service, Payor Directory, Provider Directory, Public Health Entity Directory and Security Services.
Governor Quinn appointed the ILHIE Authority Board members, and the Senate confirmed them. Their first meeting will be held on April 27, 2011, and is open to the public. Stakeholders are encouraged to attend. The HIE Advisory Committee members will be appointed by the Authority and the list, of people who applied, has been given to the Authority members. The HIE Advisory Committee needs to convene as soon as possible.
Peter Ingram inquired if the ILHIE Medicaid Work Group will continue. Laura said, "Yes," and it is planned to have this group continue to provide advice to HFS and OHIT.
Agenda for Next Meeting
- Provider Volume Calculation Sheet (Renee Perry)
- Phase 2 Implementation (Renee Perry)
- Meaningful Use Education Session (Renee Perry)
- Estimation of Hospitals that Qualify for Expedited Incentive Payments (Frank Kopel)
- CHIPRA (Gwen Smith)