Upcoming Public Hearings
|Tuesday, July 16
||6 - 8 PM
||South Suburban College, Kindig Performing Arts Center
15800 State St., South Holland, IL 60473
|Thursday, July 25
||1 - 4 PM
||Western Illinois University, Rock Island County rooms
Rooms 103/104, 3300 River Drive
|Tuesday, August 13
||1 - 4 PM
||IL Dept. of Transportation, 2300 S. Dirksen Parkway
|Wednesday, August 21
||1 - 4 PM
||IL Dept. of Transportation, 1102 Eastport Plaza
|Thursday, August 22
||9 AM - 12 PM
||Marion Regional Office Building, 2309 W. Main Street
RSVP is requested but not required the hearings. To assist us with planning, please RSVP to email@example.com and send an electronic copy of testimony in advance of the hearing. Verbal testimony should be kept to five minutes to allow time for questions and discussion.
Updates, electronic copies of testimony, and any additional information that becomes available are online here.
Commissioners hope to hear more from providers/vendors, advocates, and other stakeholders regarding:
- Activities in which you are engaged in preparation for BFR implementation
- Suggestions for advancing or enhancing Commission recommendations (p. 7-16) including any potential new recommendations
- Ways to continue to enhance communications around BFR
Feel free to download & share our flyer which includes location, date, time as well as RSVP information and specific topics of interest to the Commission.
The Budgeting for Results Commission will hold six public hearings throughout summer 2013. We invite you to review the documents below to familiarize yourself with the background of BFR.
- A commonly-used Budgeting for Results glossary of terms;
- A copy of the Budgeting for Results Strategic Plan, which lays out the future implementation of BFR;
- An overview of the Strategy Mapping Process, which will guide the formation of goals for the FY 14 Budget Book; and
- A packet of draft strategy maps organized by each FY 13 statewide priority result area.
If you plan to testify at any of the public hearings, please RSVP and submit written testimony one week prior to the hearing. RSVP's, testimony, and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
Thank you for your assistance in reforming the State budgeting process. We look forward to listening to your thoughts and recommendations at the public hearings.