A quick reference guide
Covered Services for Children
Children covered by the All Kids Program are eligible for the following services:
- exams (check-ups)
- crowns (caps)
- extractions (pulling)
- root canals
Children should see a dentist every 6 months for check-ups, even if they are not having any problems or pain.
Healthy Dental Tips for Babies and Kids
- Start good habits for you and your baby by keeping your own mouth clean and healthy. That will help your baby to stay healthy.
- Before your baby’s teeth come in, gently wipe the gums with a clean damp cloth after meals and at bedtime.
- Once teeth come in, clean them with a soft toothbrush after meals and at bedtime.
- Never put your baby to sleep with a bottle.
- Stop using a bottle to feed your baby by 12 months.
- Give children healthy foods like dairy, vegetables and fruit. Limit sugary snacks in your child’s diet.
- Take your child to a dentist for a dental check-up by age 2. Take your child sooner if your doctor refers you to a dentist.
Covered Services for Adults
The Illinois HFS Adult Dental benefit is changing to emergency services only, effective July 1, 2012. The only Adult covered services will be an exam, X-rays, and sedation as long as an extraction is completed on the same day of the services, or within seven days, to allow a patient to receive necessary antibiotic treatment prior to the extraction.
You can also call DentaQuest at 1-888-286-2447 to find out what services are covered.
How can DentaQuest help me?
To find a dentist visit the DentaQuest Web site, or you may call 1-888-286-2447 or TTY 1-800-466-7566.
There may be help for you to get to a dentist for treatment. Please call First Transit at: 1-877-725-0569 to see if you qualify.
What is a Dental Home?
A Dental Home is the dentist office where you go for most of your dental needs. You go back to this dentist office each time you have a dental need. If you have a dental need that this dentist cannot do in the office, he/she will refer you to a specialist who can treat you.
What if I have a dental emergency?
You can see a dentist in the HFS Dental Program for emergencies.
You can call DentaQuest 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-888-286-2447 or TTY 1-800-466-7566 to find a dentist.
Dental Visit Tips:
- Make sure you are 15 minutes early for your first appointment with the dentist.
- Arrive 5 minutes early for all other dental visits.
- If you cannot keep your appointment, call the dentist at least 1 day ahead
- Bring only the family members that have an appointment to the office.
- Stay in the waiting room during your child’s visit, if asked to do so by the dentist.
What are my rights and responsibilities?
You and your child have a right to:
- Be treated with respect.
- Receive needed dental services.
- Privacy and confidentiality, as stated by law.
- Receive information about your dental healthcare and treatment options.
- Help make choices about your dental care.
- File a complaint by calling DentaQuest at 1-888-286-2447 or TTY 1-800-466-7566 or the HFS Health Benefits Hotline at 1-800-226-0768.
You and your child have the responsibility to:
- Bring your current HFS Dental Program card and photo I.D. each time you go for dental care.
- Treat dentists and their staff with respect.
- Keep all dental appointments and show up on time.
- Call 24 hours before your appointment time if you need to cancel or change your appointment.
- Tell your dentist about your medical history.
- Tell your dentist when you have concerns about your dental health.
- Follow the advice and treatment plan of your dentist.
- Tell your dentist when the suggested treatment is against your wishes.
- Tell the dentist of other insurance that you may have. The HFS Dental Program is always the second coverage to be billed.
- Pay for any services that you get from a dentist who is not part of the HFS Dental Program.
The State of Illinois works with Doral to give you government dental benefits. Doral now has a new name, DentaQuest. Your dental benefits are the same. Only our name has changed. We will continue to work with you to make sure that you have the best dental care possible.
Who is DentaQuest?
DentaQuest of Illinois, LLC (DentaQuest) works with the State of Illinois. DentaQuest can tell you what dental services are covered and can help you find a dentist. We can also answer any other questions you have about your dental care.
Para ordenar una copia del libro del miembro en espańol, por favor llame o escriba a DentaQuest al:
DentaQuest of Illinois, LLC
12121 North Corporate Parkway
Mequon, WI 53092
For more information visit the DentaQuest Web site, or call 1-888-286-2447 or TTY 1-800-466-7566.