Are you Eligible for Medicare?
Then You Should Know...
...that you may also be eligible for the Qualified Medicare Beneficiary (QMB) program.
QMB Benefits Include:
- Payment of Medicare Part A monthly premiums when applicable.
- Payment of Medicare Part A deductible and co-insurance amounts.
- Payment of Medicare Part B monthly premiums and annual deductible.
- Payment of Medicare Part B 20% co-insurance amounts.
You may be eligible if:
- You receive Medicare Part A,
- Your income must not be more than $867/month for one person or $1,167/month for a couple (These amounts change every April), and
- Your assets do not exceed $4,000 for yourself or $6,000 if you have one or more dependents living with you.
How Do I Apply?
Visit the local Illinois Department of Human Services (DHS) Family Community Resource Center (FCRC) nearest you, and a caseworker will help you apply for the QMB Program. Or request an application by calling or writing to your local FCRC.
You will need a copy of your Medicare card or a letter notifying you that you are eligible for Medicare.
After you apply, your FCRC will inform you in writing if you qualify for QMB benefits.
If you have any questions or need more information, call the DHS Helpline at 1-800-843-6154 (voice), Monday through Friday (except state holidays), between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Persons using a teletypewriter (TTY) can call 1-800-447-6404. The call is free.