Bring Your Federal Regulatory Compliance Skills to Healthcare Reform
Manager of Federal Regulatory Compliance – Position Code 36-500
Attention healthcare federal regulatory compliance specialists. The State of Illinois is offering a leadership opportunity in the Division of Medical Programs, Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). Central to federal healthcare reform and the Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the ability for Illinois to stay on top of new or revised federal regulations to ensure the State is revising policies, administrative rules etc. to meet these new requirements. As Manager of federal Regulatory Compliance you will join an impactful team of healthcare professionals providing new and creative solutions in the reform of Medicaid and the implementation of the federal Affordable Care Act for over three million Illinois residents.
If you are excited to be on the cutting edge of healthcare reform and want to work in a team of senior policy and decision makers and problem solvers please send us your resume at the address below. HFS invites applications from qualified individuals excited to participate in a dynamic healthcare transformation initiative. We will respond to qualified applicants immediately and move quickly to facilitate the hiring process. Simply submit your resume.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing and managing program policies and procedures as they pertain to the development and/or implementation of federal laws and regulations.
- Overseeing the ongoing progress the Division and the Department makes on these types of implementation.
- Direct the activity for the coordination of the federal legislation and federal regulatory rule-making.
- Provide financial analysis of State Plan Amendments.
You must have the following qualifications or experience:
- Bachelor's degree required with an advanced degree in healthcare management or relevant field preferred.
- Experience with interpreting federal rules and with either a federal healthcare agency or with a State agency in working with federal regulations.
- Experience in healthcare administration or Medicaid State Plan amendments preferred.
- Writing and/or analyzing healthcare or Medicaid legislation.
- Knowledge of Medicaid policies and procedures preferred.
- Ability to travel between Springfield and Chicago intermittently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
Position headquarters is Springfield.
Illinois residents preferred.
HFS administers the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program in Illinois, providing a range of healthcare services for adults and children. HFS is redesigning its healthcare delivery system to be more patient-centered, with a focus on improved health outcomes, enhanced patient access, and patient safety. HFS is also realigning payment incentives in support of care coordination models and quality healthcare.
How to Apply:
Compensation shall include an excellent benefit package and salary range commensurate with the State's Senior Public Service Administrator job title.
Interested applicants should submit their resume either by mail to the address below, by e-mailing the HFS Webmaster
, or by using the Apply button below. Applications sent via e-mail should indicate in the subject line: Application for Position Code XX-XXX
, replacing the Xs with the actual position code(s).
Applications sent by mail should be addressed to
Department of Healthcare and Family Services
Division of Medical Programs
Office Number 3-95
201 South Grand Avenue East – 3rd Floor
Springfield, IL 62763
Scoring of applications will be based on several categories, including education; comparable knowledge and experience; communication skills; supervisory and management experience; and veteran’s preference.
HFS is an equal opportunity employer.