Bring Your Medicare and Medicaid Skills to Healthcare Reform
Manager of Medicare/Medicaid Coordination
Attention healthcare Medicare/Medicaid specialists. The State of Illinois is offering a leadership opportunity in the Division of Medical Programs, Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS). Good realignment of the financing of healthcare for individuals covered by Medicare and Medicaid are key to the successful implementation of the Affordable Care Act. As Manager of Medicare/Medicaid Coordination you will join an impactful team of healthcare professionals providing new and creative solutions in the reform of Medicaid and the implementation of the federal Affordable Care Act for over three million Illinois residents.
If you are excited to be on the cutting edge of healthcare reform and want to work in a team of senior policy and decision makers and problem solvers, please send us your resume at the address below. HFS invites applications from qualified individuals excited to participate in a dynamic healthcare transformation initiative. We will respond to qualified applicants immediately and move quickly to facilitate the hiring process. Simply submit your resume.
In this position you will:
- Have a central role overseeing the implementation of the Medicare/Medicaid financial alignment initiative in both the managed fee-for-service and dual capitation models.
- Lead the development and implementation of required agreements with Medicare Special Needs Plans.
- Develop additional strategies to control cost trends for very high cost dual Medicare/Medicaid enrollees.
You must have the following qualifications or experience:
- A bachelor's degree required
- Requires knowledge and experience with Medicare Advantage rules and regulations and knowledge of Medicaid laws and policies.
- Experience with contract drafting and working with Medicare fee-for-service programs is preferred as well as knowledge of Medicaid policies and procedures.
- Ability to travel between Springfield and Chicago intermittently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
Preferred position headquarters is Springfield while Chicago location will be considered.
Illinois residents preferred.
HFS administers the Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program in Illinois, providing a range of healthcare services for adults and children. HFS is redesigning its healthcare delivery system to be more patient-centered, with a focus on improved health outcomes, enhanced patient access, and patient safety. HFS is also realigning payment incentives in support of care coordination models and quality healthcare.
How to Apply:
Compensation shall include an excellent benefit package and salary range commensurate with the State's Senior Public Service Administrator job title.
Interested applicants should submit their resume either by mail to the address below, by e-mailing the HFS Webmaster
, or by using the Apply button below. Applications sent via e-mail should indicate in the subject line: Application for Position Code XX-XXX
, replacing the Xs with the actual position code(s).
Applications sent by mail should be addressed to
Department of Healthcare and Family Services
Division of Medical Programs
Office Number 3-95
201 South Grand Avenue East – 3rd Floor
Springfield, IL 62763
Scoring of applications will be based on several categories, including education; comparable knowledge and experience; communication skills; supervisory and management experience; and veteran’s preference.
HFS is an equal opportunity employer.