The Department’s Legal Services Developer provides technical advice to the Adult Protective Services and Ombudsman Provider Agencies. Practicing attorneys in the Office of General Counsel (OGC) provide legal advice to the Adult Protective Services (APS) Program and Ombudsman Office.
The senior legal assistance provider offices, provide legal services to Illinoisans 60 years of age or older. Legal assistance providers advocate for and represent older clients in civil cases – particularly those involving...
- elder abuse and neglect,
- financial exploitation,
- consumer fraud,
- landlord-tenant relationships,
- nursing home residents’ rights, and
- conflicts over benefit programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Social security and pensions.
- help with simple estate planning, living wills, and powers of attorney,
- perform research and
- conduct educational programs regarding legal rights on a wide variety of legal issues.
Each provider serves a specific geographical area, usually several counties.
For information on Advance Directives, such as the "Durable Power of Attorney for Property," "Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care," and "Living Will," link to the Advance Directives.
To locate legal assistance services in your community, contact...