Assistance In Your Home and Community
- Choices for Care in Illinois (brochure, 2013 - 160 KB) explains the purpose of the Choices for Care Program and answers questions about how it functions.
- Community Care Program (brochure, 2013 - 155 KB) describes Illinois’ Community Care Program, designed to prevent premature or unnecessary institutionalization by offering in–home, community–based services to eligible adults age 60 and older.
- Emergency Home Response Service (brochure, 2012 - 307 KB), part of the Community Care Program, this service is a 24-hour emergency communication link to assistance outside the home for older adults with documented health and safety needs and mobility limitations.
- Older Adult Services Act Annual Report, 2017, (book, 2017 - 1.23 MB) submitted each January to the Illinois General Assembly as required by Public Act 93-1031, it describes the Department's progress toward compliance with the Older Adults Services Act.
To view more OASA publications, view OASA Resources and Links.
- Senior Community Service Employment Program (brochure, 2018 - 469 KB) explains this nationwide program, sponsored by Green Thumb, Inc. and other contracting organizations, which provides part-time public service employment for individuals age 55 and older with limited income. A special effort is made to place program participants in jobs that directly benefit other older people.
- SHIP - (brochure, 2014 - 621 KB) The Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) is a free statewide health insurance counseling service for Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers.
- State and Federal Programs for Older Adults (book, 2019 - 1.10 MB) describes a wealth of government programs and benefits available to older adults and their families. Toll-free numbers, special numbers for the hearing impaired and other important phone numbers are given, and State Units on Aging are listed.