Travel Meeting Minutes - March 8, 2016
GOVERNOR’S TRAVEL CONTROL BOARD
Meeting of the Board
March 8, 2016
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Kelley Wells, State Travel Coordinator
- Benno Weisberg, Deputy General Counsel
- Call to Order
At approximately 11 a.m. Chairman Trey Childress called to order a meeting of the Governor’s Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
November 18, 2015
The minutes of the meeting of November 18, 2015 were approved. Motion made by Morgan Kreitner with a second by Chairman Childress to approve the minutes as presented.
- Travel Exceptions
- Exception Report
- Approved Travel Exception
- CMS – Excess transportation costs
- Revenue – Excess baggage fees
- Insurance – Valet Parking
- DCEO – Fare over state rate on Amtrak
- DCEO – Unused airline fare
- Travel Exceptions - Denied
- DCEO – Economy Seating Plus Fee
- Travel Exceptions – Partial Approval or More Information Requested
- ILDPR – Use of a Motorhome for State Business
- Military Affairs – Airline Change Fee and Hotel Rate over State of Illinois Rate.
- New Business
The Board discussed the use of Airbnb and Uber. It was decided that research would be done to determine if other states have utilized and how controls were set. Contact will be made with these companies as well.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 11:20 a.m. by Morgan Kreitner. Chairman Childress seconded the motion.