Travel Meeting Minutes June 16, 2011 (PDF, 153 KB)
Governor's Travel Control Board
Meeting of the Board
June 16, 2011
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman James P. Sledge
- Simone McNeil
- David Vaught
- Bob Morgan, Deputy General Counsel
- Christine Callanda, IL Power Agency
- Kelley Wells, State Travel Coordinator
- Call to Order
On June 16, 2011 at approximately 10:30 a.m., Chairman James P. Sledge called to order a meeting of the Governor’s Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
March 3, 2011
The minutes of the meeting of March 3, 2011 were approved. Motion made by Chairman Sledge with a second by Simone McNeil to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY11 3rd Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- The Board granted approval to IDPH to remit payment of $1,551.20 to Bank of America for two employees out of state travel and $100.80 to be paid by IDPH Employee.
- The Board approved an employee of IDPH to claim reimbursement in the amount of $1,727.40 for out of state travel.
- The Board approved a change in travel plans and reimbursement in the amount of $1,370.38 for an IDPH employee.
- The Board granted permission for an employee of IDPH to travel to an out of state location by personal car instead of state vehicle.
- Approval was given to HFS to remit payment to the Chicago Crowne Plaza in the amount of $1,547.55 which is $218.11 over the State of Illinois rate.
- The Board granted approval for an employee of GOMB to claim reimbursement in the amount of $89.00 for an Amtrak fare. This amount is $57.00 over the State rate.
- Permission was granted for six employees of CMS to claim In Headquarters Expenses that were incurred during the February blizzard. The total for these expenses was $831.39.
- The Board granted permission for an employee of ISP to claim reimbursement in the amount of $340.80 for an unused airline ticket with the understanding that if possible the value of the ticket is to be used for future State of Illinois travel.
- An employee of IDES incurred expenses in the amount of $83.64 when a Flight was cancelled while traveling out of state. The Board approved this request.
- An employee from the Dept. of Revenue incurred an excess baggage fee and the Board approved reimbursement.
- The Board approved an exception in the amount of $20.00 for an Airline Baggage Fee for an employee of DCEO.
- Travel Exceptions – More Information Required
- An employee of DCEO incurred a fee of $39.00 for an Airline Overbooking Fee.
- Travel Exceptions – Denied
- The Board denied a request from IEMA for a Blanket exception for all IEMA Staff responding in the event of an emergency.
The meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m. Motion carried 2-0 with Simone McNeil making the motion and Chairman Sledge with the second.