Travel Meeting Minutes August 26, 2010 (PDF, 160 KB)
Governor's Travel Control Board
Meeting of the Board
August 26, 2010
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman James P. Sledge
- Simone McNeil
- Steve Schweitzer, Legal Counsel
- Kelley Shaw, State Travel Coordinator
- Call to Order
On August 26, 2010 at approximately 10:00 a.m., Chairman James P. Sledge called to order a meeting of the Governor's Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
May 20, 2010
The minutes of the meeting of May 20, 2010 were approved. Motion made by Simone McNeil with a second by Chairman Sledge to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY10 4th Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- The Board gave approval for an employee of the Department of Insurance to claim $113.00 for an Airline Change Fee.
- Approval was given for a new employee of the Department of Revenue to claim $24.00 for an Amtrak Fare which is $6.00 over the State Rate of $18.00.
- The Board approved a request for a CMS employee to claim reimbursement in the amount of $50.00 for a weekend fare on Amtrak.
- Approval was given by the Board for an employee of IDES to claim reimbursement in the amount of $50.00 for an Airline Change Fee.
- Approval was granted for several employees of IDES to claim in headquarters lodging expenses.
- The Deaf and Hard of Hearing Commission was granted approval to remit payment to an individual aid to provide transportation and visual assistance for a member of their board.
- Travel Exceptions – More information needed before approval can be granted
- An employee of DCEO incurred an Early Check out Fee imposed by a hotel.
- Travel Exceptions – Denied or Partial Reimbursement Granted
- IDES – An employee requested reimbursement for a Late Checkout Fee due to her father and son remaining in the hotel room until the employee's training was complete. This request was previously denied. A request to reconsider was sent and the Board again denied this request.
- IDES – An employee requested permission to claim reimbursement for an Airline Standby Fee of $50.00 and the request was denied.
- Travel Rules
- Discussions ensued over Travel Rules concerning Personal Mileage Reimbursement and Conference Meals.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:50 am. Motion carried 2-0 with Chairman Sledge making the motion and Simone McNeil seconding it.