Governor's Travel Control Board Meeting Minutes for September 15, 2009 [PDF, 168KB]
GOVERNOR'S TRAVEL CONTROL BOARD
Meeting of the Board
September 15, 2009
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman James P. Sledge
- Simone McNeil
- Jay Brown
- Sean Connolly, Legal Counsel
- Kelley Shaw, State Travel Coordinator
- Call to Order
On September 15, 2009 at approximately 2:00 p.m., Chairman James P. Sledge called to order a meeting of the Governor's Travel Control Board.
Prior to the meeting, Member Simone McNeil gave notice to the Board that Michael Wortham would be unable to attend the September 15, 2009 meeting.
- Consideration of Minutes
August 31, 2009
The minutes of the meeting of August 31, 2009, were approved. Motion made by Simone McNeil, with a second by Chairman Sledge to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY09 4th Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- State employee traveled to San Antonio, Texas. Employee was carrying files required to complete project and was charged $25 for an Airline Baggage Fee.
- State employee traveled to Memphis, Tennessee and would be traveling for two weeks. Employee was charged for an extra checked bag on two flights for a total of $80.00.
- Travel Exceptions – Deferred Approval to Governor's Office of Management & Budget
- A State Department requested blanket approval to travel out of state for the purpose of retrieving surplus property.
- Public Act 96-240
- The Board discussed the financial ramifications of Public Act 96-240 which takes effect January 1, 2009 regarding Personal Mileage Reimbursement.
The Meeting was adjourned at 2:40 p.m. Motion made by Simone McNeil, with a second by Chairman Sledge. Motion carried 2-0.
Sean P. Connolly