Travel Meeting Minutes - September 29, 2016
GOVERNOR'S TRAVEL CONTROL BOARD
Meeting of the Board
September 29, 2016
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Kelley Wells, State Travel Coordinator
- Matthew Sebek, Senior Counsel and FOIA Officer
- Call to Order
At approximately 1:00 p.m. Chairman Trey Childress called to order a meeting of the Governor's Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
July 28, 2016
The minutes of the meeting of the July 28, 2016 meeting were approved. Motion made by Scott Harry with a second by Chairman Childress to approve the minutes as presented.
- Exception Report
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- CMS – Valet Parking
- Corrections – Lodging over State Rate
- DCEO -
- Travel Exceptions – Partial Approval
- DCEO – Avis Car Rental Fees
- DCEO – Enterprise Fee over Contracted Rate
- New Business
The Board discussed a proposal from United Airlines to offer a State Rate for service between Chicago and Springfield. The decision was made not to pursue the offer at this time due to cost and time effectiveness.
A motion was made to adjourn the meeting at 1:25 p.m. by Scott Harry. Chairman Childress seconded the motion.