Travel Meeting Minutes September 6, 2011 (PDF, 152 KB)
Governor's Travel Control Board
Meeting of the Board
September 9, 2011
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman Malcolm Weems
- Simone McNeil
- David Vaught
- Bob Morgan, Deputy General Counsel
- Kelley Wells, State Travel Coordinator
- Call to Order
On September 6, 2011 at approximately 10 a.m., Chairman Malcolm Weems called to order a meeting of the Governor’s Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
June 16, 2011
The minutes of the meeting of June 16, 2011 were approved. Motion made by Simone McNeil with a second by David Vaught to approve the minutes with one change. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY11 4th Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- DCEO - Weekend Amtrak Fare of $26.00
- DCEO – Weekend Amtrak Fare of $51.00
- DCEO - Airline Change Fee of $50.00
- Insurance – Excess Transportation Fees
- Tollway – Airline Change Fee
- Tollway – Lodging in Springfield over the State Rate
- IDOT – Employee Controlled Housing for Engineers on Extended Assignment
- IDOT – Excess Baggage Fees
- IEMA – Unused Hotel Rooms
- Travel Exceptions – More Information Required
- An employee of DCEO incurred a fee of $39.00 for an Airline Overbooking Fee.
- Travel Exceptions – Denied
- DCEO - $39.00 charge by American Airlines for “Express Seats”
The meeting was adjourned at 10:50 a.m. Motion carried 2-0 with Simone McNeil making the motion and David Vaught with the second.