CMS Bureau of Property Management ("BOPM") helps state agencies find space that meets their requirements while working to ensure low lease costs.
Each month, BOPM posts its Lease Inventory - a list of the state's current leases. This information includes total cost, square footage and ownership information, and is updated on a monthly basis.
State agencies can request leased space using the below attached form:
Cost-Savings and Quick Facts
We have made great strides cutting costs and minimizing our environmental footprint by:
- Using existing state-owned and leased space more efficiently.
- Reducing the number of overall leases.
- Implementing newer space utilization standards.
- Eliminating any expired leases in holdover.
- Since January 29, 2009, CMS has consolidated 134 leases and rebid or renegotiated 247 leases. This has allowed us to eliminate nearly 2 M square feet of leased space around the state.
- We have been using new space utilization standards to ensure the most efficient use of state-owned and state-leased space,
saving money and reducing our environmental impact.
- Through termination of costly leases and consolidations wherever possible, we have achieved approximately $43.8 M in savings.