March 14, 2018 Meeting Minutes
Call to Order
Chairman Wilson opened the meeting at 1:03 p.m.
Committee members present: (see attached sign-in sheet)
- Ron Wilson, Stratton Springfield
- Christine Dickey, Stratton Springfield
- Richard W. Gloede, Stratton Springfield
- Dan Strick, Stratton Springfield
- George Indelli, JRTC Chicago
- Tania Morawiec, JRTC Chicago
- Mary Matheny, CMS/BOSS
- Mindy Reynolds, CMS/BOSS
- Josue Barba, CMS/Legal
- Robert Johnson, Bridgeway
- Tammy Diefendorf, Bridgeway
Chairman Wilson noted there was a quorum present with six members.
Approval of the January 31, 2018 Special Meeting Minutes
Chairman Wilson confirmed the members had reviewed the January 31st special meeting minutes and there were no proposed changes.
Chairman Wilson called for a motion to approve the Minutes. Motion to approve was made by Member Dickey, seconded by Member Gloede. All members unanimously approved the Minutes.
Review and Vote on Proposed Contracts
Chairman Wilson asked the Committee if all had a chance to review the proposed contracts and request letters to be voted on today. All Committee members affirmed they had. Chairman Wilson read aloud each contract for vote, asked if there were questions, and requested a vote. All voted aye (Dan abstained on New Star contract only), the contracts were approved.
It was noted that several of the annual contract values on the vote sheet actually reflected the total contract value.
Member Morawiec asked about the JCFS contract for Janitorial Services at Madden MHC and has concerns about the number of client jobs for the contract value. Chairman Wilson stated that we will follow up with the Vendor and provide additional information/clarification.
A specific request was made by Member Morawiec to show more detailed information in relation to contract requests, including but not limited to, specific services being provided, hourly wages, square footage, whether clients are full-time or part-time, special considerations, etc. Chairman Wilson recommended the Committee further discuss at a future meeting what the committee wants to see.
Discussion of the Three-Year Plan
Chairman Wilson requested feedback from the committee regarding any history or status updates on where we are the in process. Member Dickey recalls that Member Tierney and Former Chairman Rutter were supposed to be working on it, potentially consulting with the Universities. CMS will follow up once Elizabeth Hynek, procurement counsel, is back from maternity leave and review Former Chairman Rutter’s files for status.
Discussion related to the Illinois Employment and Economic Opportunity for Persons with Disabilities Report and Changes to the State Use Program
Chairman Wilson noted that Member Strick requested this be added to the agenda and turned discussion over to him.
- Up until now, the State Use Committee has not been engaged in relation to the recommendations being made, specifically as related to the State Use portion.
- Member Morawiec stated Barry (Equip for Equality) and Doug Morton (DRS) have been reaching out to someone at CMS but is unsure who. DHS was assigned to handle the administrative functions of this taskforce about 3 months ago. Recommendations had already been set by that point from the subcommittees.
- Member Morawiec will facilitate a meeting with the workgroup leads to further discuss during a special meeting, instead of the next State Use meeting.
Chairman Wilson introduced the others present:
- Robert Johnson from Bridgeway
- Tammy Diefendorf from Bridgeway
- Josue Barba from CMS Procurement Legal
Future Meeting Date
Chairman Wilson expressed his appreciation to the Committee members present for their attendance and reviewed the upcoming quarterly meeting dates:
- June 13, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- September 12, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
- December 12, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
There being no further business to come before the Committee, Chairman Wilson called for a motion to adjourn. Motion to adjourn was made by Member Gloede, seconded by Member Indelli. Members unanimously approved the motion to adjourn.
Chairman Wilson announced the motion to adjourn was approved and adjourned the meeting at 2:02 p.m.