April 23, 2018 Special Meeting Minutes
- Call to Order
Chairman Wilson opened the meeting at 1:30 p.m.
- Roll Call
Committee members present: (see attached sign-in sheet)
- Ron Wilson, Stratton Springfield
- Christine Dickey, Stratton Springfield
- Richard W. Gloede, Stratton Springfield
- Dan Strick, JRTC Chicago
- Tania Morawiec, JRTC Chicago
- Mary Matheny, CMS/BOSS
- Tammy Diefendorf, Bridgeway
- Shirley Webb, CPO-HE
- Barry Taylor, Equip for Equality
- Harry Reinhard, CMS BEP
- Doug Morton, DRS
- Lore Baker, DHS
Chairman Wilson noted there was a quorum present with five members.
- Review and Vote on Amended Committee Letters
Chairman Wilson confirmed the members had reviewed the amended committee letters and there were no proposed changes. Chairman Wilson called for a motion to approve the letters. All members unanimously approved the letters.
- Discuss Illinois Employment and Economic Opportunity for Persons with Disabilities Report and Changes to the State Use Program
Chairman Wilson noted that Member Strick requested this be added to the agenda and turned discussion over to him.
- Up until now, the State Use Committee has not been engaged in relation to the recommendations being made, specifically as related to the State Use portion.
- Member Morawiec stated Barry (Equip for Equality) and Doug Morton (Division of Rehab Services) have been reaching out to someone at CMS but is unsure who. DHS was assigned to handle the administrative functions of this taskforce about 3 months ago. Recommendations had already been made by the subcommittees by that point.
- Member Morawiec will facilitate a meeting with the workgroup leads to further discuss during a special meeting, instead of the next State Use meeting.
- Member Gloede expressed concern that there is not a lot of opportunity for Client Choice.
- Member Dickey is concerned with the decrease of the Sheltered Workshop terminology. What happens if this goes into effect? Will five year contracts which are already in place be null and void? She appreciates where they are trying to go with this but has several concerns.
- Member Strick requested data regarding sheltered workshops which are also considered as a business owned by person with a disability. Would also like to see more clarification on the integrated environment language. Feels that amending language about committee members being required to be familiar with and promote Employment First. Several committee members already have this type of knowledge/training.
- Public/Vendor Comment
Chairman Wilson introduced the others present:
- Robert Johnson from Bridgeway
- Tammy Diefendorf from Bridgeway
- Josue Barba from CMS Procurement Legal
- Future Meeting Date
The next quarterly meeting will be June 13, 2018 at 1:00 p.m.
There being no further business to come before the Committee, Chairman Wilson called for a motion to adjourn. Motion to adjourn was made by Member Gloede, seconded by Member Indelli. Members unanimously approved the motion to adjourn.
Chairman Wilson announced the motion to adjourn was approved and adjourned the meeting at 2:02 p.m.