Notice Regarding CCHP and CCDP Claim Payment Delay
College Choice Health Plan (plans will be administered by Cigna for services through June 30, 2017) (Updated 10/05/17)
Claims processed through 04/08/2016 have been released to QCHP-contracted providers.
Claims processed through 04/08/2016 have been released to non-QCHP-contracted providers.
HealthLink OAP (Updated 10/30/17)
Claims processed through 08/29/2016 have been released.
Aetna (formerly Coventry) OAP (Updated 10/25/17)
Claims processed through 08/24/2016 have been released.
College Choice Dental Plan (administered by Delta Dental of Illinois) (Updated 11/09/17)
Claims processed through 11/09/2017 have been released to PPO-contracted providers.
Claims processed through 11/09/2017 have been released to Premier-contracted providers
Claims processed through 11/09/2017 have been released to Non-network providers.
Specific questions or concerns regarding a claim payment? Contact CMS Benefits Group Insurance at: CMS.WebsiteBenefits@illinois.gov.
College Insurance Program (CIP) Benefit Plans
Notice Regarding CCHP and CCDP Claim Payment Delay: The Department of Central Management Services administers the College Insurance Program (CIP) as set forth in the State Employees Group Insurance Act of 1971. As a benefit recipient of the State Universities Retirement System (SURS), health and dental benefits are a very important part of your compensation package. The College Choice Health and Dental Plans are self-insured plans with funding provided through the Community College Health Insurance Security Fund (Fund).
For some time, revenues received into the Fund have been insufficient to cover the liabilities of the fund. Changes to program design and member contributions have been unable to overcome this insufficiency. At this time, funds remain insufficient to pay claims on a normal schedule, and we cannot estimate when a regular payment schedule will resume. Claim payments will be released according to the claim process date and available funding. Aetna (CIGNA for claims prior to July 1, 2017), continues to process claims in a timely manner, but release of claims must be held until revenue is available. Late payment interest is paid to healthcare providers on health claims that take longer than 30 days from the receipt of a complete claim submission to pay. We continue to keep you apprised on the length of this delay and make the following recommendations:
- Health plan claims: Pay your member portion after you receive the explanation of benefits or upon receipt of services
- Health plan claims: Always utilize CCHP providers, if possible.
- Health plan claims: If utilizing a non-CCHP provider, ask the provider to accept the delayed claim payment or set up a payment plan.
- Dental claims: Pay your member portion upon receipt of services.
- Dental claims: Work with the provider to accept the delayed claim payment or set up a payment plan.
- Dental claims: If the full amount must be paid, submit a paper claim form to the claims administrator as soon as possible to minimize the delay in processing the claim.
Updates regarding the length of the delay and the current release dates will be posted to this website as they are available.
Originally Posted: 02/20/2010