The Benefits of Yoga
Yoga offers physical and mental health benefits for people of all ages. Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical poses, controlled breathing, and meditation or relaxation. Yoga may help reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and lower your heart rate. Aside from the physical benefits, one of the best benefits of yoga is how it helps a person manage stress, which is known to have devastating effects on the body and mind. The potential health benefits of yoga include:
- It improves strength, balance, and flexibilty.
- It helps reduce stress and anxiety.
- It can reduce cortisol levels.
- It can lower blood pressure.
- It relaxes you, to help you sleep better.
- It reduces muscle tension.
- It helps you manage stress.
- It helps promote better self-care.
Several studies have shown that yoga may help reduce stress and anxiety. Yoga can enhance your mood and overall sense of well-being. Yoga might also help you manage your symptoms of depression and anxiety that are due to difficult situations.
For further information about the benefits of yoga and stress reduction, visit the Mayo Clinic at https://connect.mayoclinic.org/page/cancer-education-center/newsfeed-post/benefits-of-yoga/
Stress can affect many aspects of your mental health and well-being. The next time you are feeling overwhelmed and anxious, watch this video and try these tips: