Members and their enrolled Dependents are eligible to receive a rebate towards the cost of a Smoking Cessation Program. The maximum rebate is $200, limited to one per plan year and available only upon completion of a Smoking Cessation Program.
Ineligible For Reimbursement
The following therapies are not eligible for reimbursement unless they are an integral part of a Smoking Cessation Program.
- Hypnosis (even if an integral part, will not be reimbursed unless performed by a medical doctor);
- Prescription drug therapy;
- Non-prescription drug therapy.
Reimbursement Documentation Requirements
- Receipt indicating payment for the Smoking Cessation Program.
- Program certificate verifying the number of sessions and date of completion of the Smoking Cessation Program.
- Member's name, address, agency name and agency telephone number.
- Requests for the Smoking Cessation Program reimbursements must be submitted to the Department within one year from the date of the receipt.
Submit Documentation to:
Smoking Cessation Program
DCMS Group Insurance Division
801 S. 7th Street
P.O. Box 19208
Springfield, IL 62794-9208
For More Information
The Department of Central Management Services (Department) is the plan administrator of the Smoking Cessation Program. Questions regarding the Smoking Cessation Program should be directed to the Department.