Frequently Asked Questions

1) Do dependent beneficiaries receive a premium subsidy?

Medicare primary dependent beneficiaries, enrolled in a managed care plan or in the TCHP when no managed care plan is available, receive a premium subsidy.

2) Do I get a new medical and prescription drug identification card every plan year?

The only time you will receive an identification card are when you first enroll in the plan, if you change plans, if the plan administrator changes or if you request new cards.

If you lose your identification card(s), contact the health and/or prescription drug plan administrator for replacement card(s).

3) How do I terminate either my or my enrolled dependents' coverage under TRIP?

Notify TRS in writing of your decision to terminate coverage. Cancellation will be effective the first of the month following receipt of the request.

4) What should I, or my dependent, do when we turn 65 or become eligible for Medicare due to a medical condition (Medicare Disability or Medicare ESRD)?

You must enroll in both Medicare Parts A and B to qualify for the lower premiums. Send a copy of your Medicare card to TRS. If you or your dependent are actively working and eligible for Medicare or you have additional questions about this requirement, contact the CMS Medicare Coordination of Benefits Unit at 1-800-442-1300 or directly at (217) 782-7007.