The following Medicare Advantage plan options will be available to members of the State Employees Group Insurance Program beginning January 1, 2018:
- Coventry Advantra (An Aetna Company) - a Medicare Advantage HMO Plan;
- Health Alliance MAPD HMO - a Medicare Advantage HMO Plan;
- Humana HMO - a Medicare Advantage HMO Plan;
- UnitedHealthcare - a nationwide Medicare Advantage PPO Plan
The enrollment period for the Medicare Advantage plans has been set for October 16 through November 16, 2017. The effective date of the new plan will be January 1, 2018. In order to be included in the group who will be offered one of the Medicare Advantage plans, members must meet BOTH of the following criteria:
- The member must be enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, AND
- If the member has dependents on his/her coverage, ALL of the covered dependents must also be enrolled in both Medicare Parts A and B.
- If the member has a dependent on his/her coverage who is not enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B, the member will not be included in the group of members set to be offered a Medicare Advantage plan. The member and dependents will all remain in the current health plan.
- If the member RESIDES outside of the United States or the U.S. Territories, the member will not be included in the group set to be offered a Medicare Advantage plan. The member will remain in the current health plan.
- The cut-off date for the enrollment period this fall is set for members who are enrolled in Medicare on or before September 30, 2017. Members who turned 65 years of age on October 1, 2017, were included in the enrollment period this fall since their Medicare became effective prior to September 30, 2017. Members who turn 65 October 2, 2017, or after, are not eligible for TRAIL enrollment this year. They will remain in their current health plan through December 2018 and invited to enroll in TRAIL in the fall of 2018.