VBP assist businesses owned by qualified service disable and veteran-owned business gain access to State of Illinois contracting opportunities and participation in the competitive procurement process.
- At least 51 percent owned by one or more qualified service disabled veteran or veterans
living in Illinois
(Public Act 097-0260)
- Applicant(s) must have valid DD214
- Annual gross sales of less than $75 million
- Home office in Illinois
How can I apply?
Recognition Certification Application
Full Certification Application
VBP accepts certification from any of the following agencies for the Veterans Recognition
- Cook County (Veteran/Services-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise)
- United States Department of Veteran Affairs-Center for Verification and
Evaluations (CVE) VOSB/SDVOSB
- Recgonition certification is valid for 1 year
Eligible businesses may be certified in one or more of the following programs: Business Enterprise Program, Veteran Business Program, and Small Business Set-Aside Program.
Veterans Business Program Act:
State of Illinois
Department of Central Management Services
Veteran Business Program (VBP)
100 W. Randolph, Suite 4-100
Chicago, IL 60601
Call a VBP representative at 1-312-814-4190 or 1-800-356-9206 or e-mail us at