Travel Meeting Minutes May 20, 2010 (PDF, 160 KB)
Governor's Travel Control Board
Meeting of the Board
May 20, 2010
James R. Thompson Center
100 West Randolph Street
Chicago, Illinois 60601
William G. Stratton Building
401 Spring Street
Springfield, Illinois 62706
- Chairman James P. Sledge
- Simone McNeil
- Steve Schweitzer, Legal Counsel
- Kelley Shaw, State Travel Coordinator
- Call to Order
On May 20, 2010 at approximately 10:00 a.m., Chairman James P. Sledge called to order a meeting of the Governor's Travel Control Board.
- Consideration of Minutes
March 25, 2010
The minutes of the meeting of March 25, 2010 were approved. Motion made by Simone McNeil with a second by Chairman Sledge to approve the minutes as submitted. Motion carried 2-0.
- New Business
Legislative Audit Commission Report
The Board reviewed and approved the FY10 3rd Quarter Exception Report to be sent to the Legislative Audit Commission.
- Approved Travel Exceptions
- IDOT – The Board approved a request from IDOT for Employee Owned or Controlled Housing for IDOT Engineers.
- Insurance – The Board approved an Early Departure Fee for an employee of the Department of Insurance.
- Illinois State Police – Reimbursement was approved for an Unused Airline Ticket for an employee of the ISP.
- Revenue – The Board approved an Excess Baggage Fee for reimbursement requested by Revenue employee.
- IEPA – An employee requested reimbursement for an excess fee for in room refrigerator due to a medical condition. The Board voted to approve but would consider requests such as this on a case by case basis and would not approve a blanket exception.
- DCEO – An exception was granted for an employee of DCEO to claim $278.40 in additional travel costs.
- Travel Exceptions – More information needed before approval can be granted
- CMS – An employee requested an exception for Excess Amtrak Fare due to travel on a Saturday.
- CMS – An employee requested permission to claim reimbursement in the amount of $78.40 for a Hotel "No Show" Fee.
- Travel Exceptions – Denied or Partial Reimbursement Granted
- IDES – An employee requested reimbursement for a Late Checkout Fee due to her father and son remaining in the hotel room until the employee's training was complete. The Board denied this request.
- DCEO – An employee requested permission to claim reimbursement for an Overweight Baggage Fee of $100.00. The Board voted to grant the employee permission to claim half of this fee, $50.00.
- IDES – An employee requested permission to claim an Excess Amtrak Fare when they failed to exit the train in Springfield and instead exited the train in Alton. The Board voted to deny this request.
- Public Health – An employee requested reimbursement in the amount of $60.00 for Excess Baggage Fees and the Board denied the request.
- Public Health – An Airline Change Fee in the amount of $150.00 was charged to an employee due to a scheduling conflict. The board determined that this fee should be the employee's responsibility to pay.
- Public Health – An employee was charged a cancellation fee when a hotel room was not cancelled in accordance with the hotel's policy. The board denied this request for reimbursement.
The Meeting was adjourned at 11:10 a.m. Motion made by Simone McNeil, with a second by Chairman Sledge. Motion carried 2-0.