See the IPG Quick Start Guide for step by step instructions on completing your application.
What information do I need before starting my IPG application?
Before beginning your application you should have the following information available. The information required and the time to complete the application process depends on the size and complexity of your business. All vendors should have the following:
- Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) or Social Security Number (SSN)
- Illinois Department of Human Rights(IDHR) Public Contract # (required if you have 15 or more employees)
- Illinois State Board of Elections Registration Number
For additional information regarding State Board of Elections registration, please contact one of the following:
2329 S. MacArthur Blvd.
Springfield, IL 62704
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 p.m.
100 W. Randolph, Suite 14-100
Chicago, IL 60601
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 am -5:00 p.m.
- Authorization to do Business in Illinois from the Illinois Secretary of State
For information on authorization to conduct business in Illinois, please contact the Illinois Secretary of State"s Department of Business Services or your home county clerk.
For certified copies and copy requests for corporations, please call 217-782-6875.
For certified copies and copy requests for LLCs, LPs and LLPs, please call 217-524-8008.
- Names of company owners
- Company financial information
- List of Board of Directors (if registering as a not-for-profit entity)
When does my registration in the IPG expire?
Once approved, your registration is valid for one year.
Do I need to provide attachments in the IPG?
Yes, certain questions within the IPG application require attachments. In certain instances, failure to provide the requested attachments may result in your application being returned to you.
How will I know if my application has been rejected?
The company contact designated in your application will receive an email with comments regarding the reason for rejection. You will need to resubmit your application accordingly.
Will I be notified when my application has been approved by the Chief Procurement Office?
Once your registration application has been approved by the Chief Procurement Office, your registration number will be emailed to the company contact designated in your application.
Can I update my information after my application has been approved?
Yes. Vendors are required to provide continuing updates any time information changes. Each time you update your application, you will need to re-submit it for review.
I need to update my information after my application has been approved/denied. How should I update/resubmit my information?
To update or resubmit your information, follow these steps:
- Log into your IPG vendor account. You will see your "Dashboard".
- Under "Key Actions" on the right side of the screen, click on "Start/Renew Vendor Registration". You will see a list of your vendor registrations.
- Above the list, click the gray button marked "New Vendor Registration".
- From the list of Available Vendor Registrations, select "State of Illinois Vendor Registration".
- You will see a box titled "Vendor Registration Autofill Options". Select the registration you want to use to auto fill a new registration. If you have an "active" registration, you should select that one. If you have a "denied" registration, select that one to autofill a new registration. You may also choose to start over with a blank registration.
- You will need to go through each form and make any necessary changes. Click "Save and Return" at the end of each form.
- After completing each form and attaching any necessary documents, you may now click "next" to submit your changes for review.