What: This EDA NOFO provides Research and Networks Grants to invest in research that assesses the effectiveness of EDA’s programs, and provides support for stakeholder communities around key EDA initiatives.
For Research awards, EDA solicits applications for investments that support research and evaluation projects related to economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. EDA will support the development of tools, recommendations, and resources that shape Federal economic development policies and inform economic development decision-making. Awards will provide critical, cutting-edge research and best practices to regional, state, and local practitioners in the economic development field, thereby enhancing understanding and implementation of economic development concepts throughout the country. EDA is specifically interested in research projects that will enable real-time research into EDA’s ARPA programs, especially those related to the new Jobs Challenge, Build Back Better Regional Challenge, Indigenous Communities NOFO, and travel and tourism programs.
For the Communities of Practice Challenge, EDA seeks to fund nationwide communities of practice that focus on key groups of economic development stakeholders and provide technical assistance to those groups, including developing methods to increase information and practice sharing, strengthening networks, and accelerating economic recovery. As communities and organizations face depleted institutional resources and are stressed with coronavirus-related demands, they have been unable to connect with and learn from peers across the industry to evaluate and nurture strategies needed to rebuild a more equitable and resilient economy.
Potential Applicants: Eligible applicants for EDA’s Communities of Practice and Research Grants include a(n):
- District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District
- Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
- State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions
- Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
- Public or private non-profit organization or association acting in cooperation with officials of a political subdivision of a State Individuals or for-profit entities are not eligible
How Much: $200,000 - $6,000,000
Deadline: October 31, 2021