NEUs will have through September 30, 2021 to enter their details in the NEU portal. After that date the NEU’s allocation will be surrendered and allocated on a per-capita basis to responsive NEUs. The portal will be open through September 30, 2021. To receive an up-front allocation from the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery (“CLFR”) Fund, NEUs must provide the required information in the portal by this date.
On October 1st the state, based on U.S. Treasury guidance, must allocate unclaimed funds to those NEUs which have provided responses in the portal. Responsive NEUs will receive a second payment as a result of this second allocation. The State does not receive the surrendered allocations, responsive NEUs get it in a second payment.
Tips on Portal Completion (read this to get your money faster!)
- Portal registration requires uploading 2 separate Federal files.
- Each entity must read, complete all sections of each signature page and have the entity’s authorized representative sign before uploading a copy to the NEU Portal.
- Try to avoid the most common portal mistakes:
- Unsigned document file uploaded
- Primary contact signed documents instead of authorized representative
- Uploading the same file for both Assurances and Terms & Conditions
- Omitting entity information on Terms & Conditions (box on top of signature page)
"How-To" presentation on portal use
Contact the NEU Team: