The Office of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE) is committed to providing minority-, women-, persons with disabilities and veteran-owned small businesses and entrepreneurs across the state with equitable access to opportunities and resources. Through dynamic partnerships, targeted outreach, and tailored programs and initiatives, OMEE aims to create an inclusive business ecosystem for communities that have traditionally faced systemic barriers to entry and growth. This investment spurs local economic development in underserved areas resulting in a revitalized and thriving Illinois economy.
The State of Illinois is committed to ensuring that communities historically impacted by the criminalization of cannabis have an opportunity to participate in the legal cannabis industry. Visit
Cannabis Social Equity for more information.
What do we do?
- Provide businesses assistance and one-on-one support
- Connect individuals to business resources and opportunities
- Developed strategic
partnerships to support the business ecosystem
- Celebrate and amplify our cultural diversity
- Drive equity-centered programs and policies
- Latinx Business Colectivo and Black Business Collective are coalitions of business-serving community organizations that support the business ecosystem and help develop priorities that support Latinx and Black businesses using a culturally competent and equity-driven lens.
- “Online with OMEE” is a biweekly session that’s open to all racial/ethnic minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQIA+ owned businesses and all other marginalized groups. We provide the latest updates on financial resources, federal and state programs, share information about other opportunities, and answer any questions you may have about your business. We also take questions in English and Spanish. Click here to register for the next session.
- Advancement of Minority Entrepreneurs (ADME) takes place every 4th Wednesday of the month. ADME is a workshop series in partnership with the Illinois Small Business Development Center (SBDC) network that shares best practices from Illinois entrepreneurs in order to help them be successful. Each month, we partner with Illinois Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs) to offer a dynamic discussion on a business topic and highlight one of OMEE's focus communities.
- Meet & Greets occur monthly as an opportunity to connect with DCEO’s Regional Economic Development and OMEE teams and learn about upcoming opportunities that are specific to your region.
OMEE Business Community Database: The Office of Minority Economic Empowerment (OMEE) is gathering contact and business information for an internal database to support our businesses and stakeholders more effectively.
Submit your information to us or email us at
email@example.com with any questions.
(español) Base de datos de la comunidad empresarial de OMEE: La Oficina de Empoderamiento Económico para Minorías (OMEE por sus siglas en inglés) está recopilando información de contacto para desarrollar una base de datos interna para apoyar a nuestros negocios y socios de manera más efectiva.
Haga clic aquí para enviar su información. No dude en comunicarse con nosotros en
firstname.lastname@example.org con cualquier pregunta.