Click here for a list of Manufacturing Month events in Illinois.
Click here for Manufacturing facts about Illinois.
Click here for the Manufacturing Month proclamation issued by Governor Bruce Rauner.
ILLINOIS MANUFACTURING HIGHLIGHT
- Illinois is currently the 6th largest state, by population, and plays a major role in the National economy
- Manufacturing is the 3rd largest industry in Illinois by employment with more than 583,051 workers
- Illinois is the 4th largest manufacturing state in the US by output
- Manufacturing makes up 93.6% of all Illinois goods exported
- Average annual income for Illinois manufacturing workers: $70,174
WHAT IS MANUFACTURING MONTH?
Throughout the month, Governor Rauner, Lt. Governor Sanguinetti, Deputy Governor Munger, Acting Director of DCEO, and other members of the Department will be participating in events across the state. If you are hosting an event, make sure to register it, or if you are looking to participate in events, make sure to visit https://www.mfgday.com/.
Manufacturing is a longstanding pillar in Illinois’ economy. We are proud to recognize our manufacturing legacy in Illinois and the innumerable contributions manufacturers will continue to make for generations to come. Although Manufacturing Day officially occurs on the first Friday in October—this year is October 5, 2018—any day can be a Manufacturing Day.