Illinois Super Sites
have undergone a rigorous pre-qualification process to assure the sites fit the following criteria site selectors commonly require for very large industrial projects:
- Site Size: 250+ acres
- Minimum developable acreage: 200 acres (80%)
- Zoning: Industrial or the local government comprehensive plan has designated the Super Site for industrial use. If located outside of a Comprehensive Plan area, zoned agricultural.
- Distance to Interstate or Four Lane Divided Highway: no more than 10 miles
- Utilities: To property line or direct access to the site.
- Electric Service: 69kV or 138kV transmission line adjacent to the site or within 1 mile of the site. If an extension is necessary, there is a direct path to extend service with limited property owners in between (fewer than 5) and can be accomplished within 18-24 months.
- Water Service: 300,000 gallons per day additional capacity presently available or can be made available within 12 months.
- Wastewater Service: 200,000 gallons per day additional capacity presently available or can be made available within 12 months.
- Natural Gas Service: 4” steel main to the site or can be extended within 12 months.
- Telecommunication Service: Fiber is to the site or can be extended within a 12- month timeframe.
- Property owners: 1-2 owners
- Rail service: Site is adjacent to a Class 1 or short-line rail line and service to the site is feasible within a 12-month timeframe.
Maps and other supporting information for each of the sites are found as attachments in the property listing. This information will accelerate the site selection and development process for major projects. For more information about a specific location, either connect with the contact in the link below or contact
Brisbin Road Five Star-Clarius Site, Morris, IL
CenterPoint Intermodal Center Joliet Phase II
CenterPoint Intermodal Center Joliet Phase III
CenterPoint Intermodal Center Joliet Phase IV
ChicagoWest Business Center, DeKalb, IL
Coles Energy Center, Mattoon, IL
Dual Rail Minooka Channahon Site, Minooka, IL
Galesburg Logistics Park, Galesburg, IL
Global Trade Park South, Rockford, IL
Hawickhorst-Jones Property, Effingham, IL
John W. Kelsey Business Park, Greenville, IL
McPart LLC Site, Dwight, IL
Medina Plains Corporate Park, Peoria, IL
Mid-American International Gateway Business Park, Jerseyville, IL
North Industrial Park, Rantoul, IL
Tuscola Industrial Rail Park – North Site, Tuscola, IL
Note: Geotechnical studies and environmental Phase 1 and 2 assessments may not have been done on the sites. They were not made a requirement of this program.