The Illinois Department of Commerce is Your One-Stop Resource
Illinois businesses benefit from the state’s strategic location, world-class transportation and logistics infrastructure, well-educated workforce, major research and higher education assets, and legacy of innovation. To make your selection process quick and efficient, the Illinois Department of Commerce provides free and confidential services to companies seeking to locate or expand in Illinois.
We are your one-stop resource for:
- Site Selection
- Customized Workforce Training
- Regional & Local Collaboration
- Expedited Permitting, Licensing & Other Approvals
- Connection to Key Stakeholders and Civic & Business Partners
- Potential Financial Support
In addition, Illinois offers a highly competitive suite of incentives that may be available, including:
- Tax Credits Based on Job Creation
- Enterprise Zones & HIB Designations
- Tax Increment Financing (TIF)
- Workforce Recruitment & Training
- Non-Traditional Loans
- Roadway, Rail & Infrastructure
Regional Economic Development Contacts
To help ensure local coordination for your project, the State of Illinois is divided into ten economic development regions.
Please click on the map or menu above for regional details and contact information.
Click here to download a copy of the Illinois Economic Development Regional map.
Statewide Economic Development Contacts
Philip R. Pulliam, Deputy Director
Erik Brejla, FDI and Site Selection