Architecture, Engineering and Grants
Architecture and Engineering
is the execution of IDNR's Capital Construction Program. This execution includes liaison with the Capital Development Board, and project review and management. The formation of IDNR has expanded the role of the Division of Architecture and Engineering, as our staff begin to provide project liaison and management to our larger agency on future appropriated projects. In addition to standard contracted projects, the Division also manages the Heavy Equipment Crew, conducts in-house design, and provides technical assistance through our staff architects and engineers.
Follow this link for Architecture and Engineering contact list.
Grant Administration is responsible for managing and coordinating the Department's various recreational
Grants-in-Aid programs to local government entities. These programs provide federal and state funds to enhance and improve recreational amenities through a competitive selection process. The programs include the Open Space Land Acquisition and Development (OSLAD) Program. This funds projects which will provide new recreational facilities such as parks and playgrounds. The Bikeway's Program provides for bike trail enhancement and development. The Boat Access program provides for new and improved boat accesses. The Snowmobile Access &Development program provides for new and improved snowmobile trails and trail access.
- Administer Department competitive outdoor recreational grant programs for units of local government, two programs open to various organizations for public facilities, and one for not-for-profit organizations.
- Administer various non-competitive, legislatively mandated grants to local governments and quasi-governmental organizations.
- Jointly administer or provide competitive scoring of grant programs assigned to other state agencies or Department divisions.
- Act as direct liaison between the Department and various organizations representing grant recipients.
- Provide oversight and inspection of previously awarded grant projects to ensure program compliance.
- Act as direct liaison with National Park Service and other agencies with grant oversight responsibilities.
For Information email us at