Citizen's Complaint Instructions

For citizen complaints on oil and gas operations, please fill out the Citizen Complaint Form and return to the Office of Oil and Gas Resource Management. Please mail/fax the complaint to the regional district office in which the complaint is located. Alternatively, you may email the complaint form to a district office. Use the map on this page to determine which district office to report your complaint to.

PLEASE NOTE: This form is not for emergency spill situations. For emergency spill situations, please contact the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency and the Illinois Emergency Management Agency. Follow this link for emergency instructions and contact information.

  • Illinois Emergency Management Agency – (217) 782-7860 or (800) 782-7860 (in Illinois)
  • Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (if the emergency involves the release of potentially hazardous materials to the environment) - (217) 782-3637


INDR Oil & Gas Resource Management District Map

Mt. Carmel Office
2517 W 9th Street
Mt. Carmel 62863
Phone: 618/262-2106
Fax: 618-262-2108


Centralia Office
800 S. Locust Street
Centralia, IL 62801
Phone: 618/533-8979
Fax: 618-533-9351


Springfield Office

One Natural Resources Way

Springfield, IL 62702-1271

Phone: 217/782-7756

Fax: 217-524-4819