Anyone, 6 months of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
Accessibility at Moraine Hills:
- Parking - All parking lots are asphalt, and have accessible parking spaces. All sidewalks are either asphalt or crushed limestone and level with the parking lots.
- Boardwalk - The boardwalk into Lake Defiance is wooden and level, but is not wheelchair accessible. Boardwalk is 1000' long.
- Trails - The majority of the trails are wheelchair accessible. Lake Defiance Trail is 3.7-miles (hard difficulty); Leatherleaf Bog Trail is 3.2-miles (medium difficulty); River Road Trail is 2.5-miles (easy difficulty); and Fox River Trail is 2-miles (easy difficulty).
- Fishing - The Riverfront fishing spaces are accessible at McHenry Dam day use area.
- Restrooms - There are accessible vault toilets in the park, as well as flush toilets in the Northern Wood and Visitor Center restrooms.
- Service animals are welcome and there are hand water pumps located at each parking lot.
- Guided Hikes - The park offers guided hikes lasting 1-3 hours. They vary in length from 1/2 to 4-miles. There are benches to sit, and most do not have steps.