Anyone, 5 years of age and older, is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Find your nearest vaccination location at
Accessibility at Washington County:
- Parking - Accessible parking spaces are located throughout the park. They are all concrete and located at Shady Rest campground shower building, Lonely Oaks campground block bathrooms, Little Bears campground block bathrooms, Lazy L block bathrooms, park office, Ponderosa shelter, concession, main boat ramp area, family shelter, Dean's Point, and all public hunting area access. All areas have sidewalks leading to the accessible areas. Park offices does have a ramp.
- Fishing - There is an accessible fishing pier and an accessible fishing dock near the concession area with a 80’ concrete sidewalk leading to the fishing pier and dock. There is also an accessible fishing pier and dock located at Dean’s Point with a 25’ sidewalk. An accessible boat dock with a 30’ sidewalk leading to the dock is also available. All docks and piers consist of wooden surface boards.
- Restrooms - Shady Rest campground shower building, Lonely Oaks campground block bathrooms, Little Bears campground block bathrooms, Lazy L block bathrooms, and Family Shelter block bathrooms are all accessible bathrooms.
- Camping - Sites #2 and #51 are designated accessible campsites and they have an asphalt surface. Both are reservable through
ExploreMoreIL™ at least 3 days prior to your date of arrival. A potable water fill and dump station are also available at the campground entrance. There is one shower building with two accessible showers at Shady Rest.
- Service animals are welcome in the park, but outdoor water fountains are not available.
Picnicking - Washington County SRA offers accessible picnic shelters for day use. The Family Shelter is the most popular and largest shelter in the park. It offers electricity, a water hydrant, block toilets along with a beautiful view of the lake. The Ponderosa Shelter is also a nice option. It offers access to the shelter, fishing piers, concessions, and a playground with a great lake view. Lazy L is another shelter option and offers block toilets with a more secluded view of the lake. The Ponderosa, Lazy L and Family Shelters can be reserved through
ExploreMoreIL™ at least 3 days prior to date of use. Little Bears and Lonely Oaks campgrounds also offer accessible shelters on a first-come, first-serve basis. Dean's Point day use area offers park users an accessible fishing pier and dock overlooking the lake.
The Concession store is open daily and provides a menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner along with other camping and fishing essentials. The store is open from April 1st through October 31st. They also have an accessible deck for viewing the lake or eating a sandwich.
The main boat ramp offers an accessible boat dock with a sidewalk leading to the dock. The area also has an accessible park bench for viewing the lake.
The public hunting area offers an accessible parking space along with a sidewalk that leads to an open area for hunting opportunities. To access this area, you will need to continue going east past Dean's point until you reach Posen Woods Nature Area and the parking space is on the opposite side of the road.