The Rent-A-Camp Program offers an opportunity to experience camping at an Illinois State Park in an easy, inexpensive and very enjoyable way. Don't forget to scroll to the bottom of the page for Cabin Checklist and a Cabin Map.
The following items will be provided for one small rental fee
- Cabin - 2 sets of bunks, 1 full bed & table with chairs
- Broom and dust pan
- Charcoal grill
- Picnic table
- Trash barrel or bags
- Fire ring
- Camp light
- Fire extinguisher
The Rent-a-Camp fee for cabins is in addition to the camping and utility fees. Fees must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made. The $5.00 reservation fee is non-refundable. The primitive, two-room cabins are equipped with only the bare essentials: one full-sized bed with mattress, two sets of bunk beds with mattresses, an electric heater, a drop-leaf table with chairs, and ceiling fans. Many cabins are handicapped accessible and can be approached via vehicle. Showers, electricity, charcoal grills and picnic tables are available at the campgrounds; however, campers must bring their own bed linens and personal items. Dogs and other pets are not allowed at cabin sites.
*Note: 'Siloam Springs' cabin rents for the large tent fee.
Non-refundable Reservation fee of $5.00. To make a Rent-a-Camp Reservation you must go to the ExploreMoreIL website.
Some suggested items you might consider bringing with you:
- First Aid Kit
- Cooking & Eating Utensils
- Sleeping Bags, Blankets
- Personal Toiletries
- Water Jug
- Ice Chest & Ice
- Charcoal, Lighter Fluid, Matches
- Folding Lawn Chairs
- Trash Bags
- Flashlights & extra batteries
- Suntan Lotion
- Insect Repellent
- Rain gear
- Recreational Equipment
- Fees not refunded if cancellation is less than 7 days.
- Reservations cancelled within the 7 day window will be charged the reservation fee plus the first night's camping fee.
- No reservation will be accepted for longer than 14 consecutive nights.
- No pets are allowed inside the cabin.
- No smoking inside the cabin.
- No camp shelters allowed in cabin sites.