On-line reservations for All Illinois Department of Natural Resources-hosted camping, cabins, group camps, and shelters can be made through the ExploreMoreIL website and paying by Visa, MasterCard or Discover.
IDNR camping and shelter reservations will no longer be taken through the mail or over the phone.
Reservations for regular campsites and group campsites require a $5 non-refundable reservation fee and payment of the full camping and utility fees at the time the reservation is made. For more information on our fees, please review our camping fee information.
Payment of the entire camping and utility fee amount will guarantee that the reservation will be held for the entire length of the stay.
Campsites can be reserved for a maximum of 14 nights within a 30-day period and reservations must be made three days before the campsite is needed.
Reservations for Memorial Day, Fourth of July (if July 4th falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday) and Labor Day weekends require a two night minimum stay. Some facilities will require a three night minimum stay for Columbus Day.
Shelter reservation fees are $25. Reservations are non-refundable unless the area is closed by the Department. Upon vacating the site, shelter users are required to remove all personal belongings and place all trash in the appropriate receptacles located at the site. Those who fail to do so will be charged a disposal fee of $50. Shelter users who fail to pay the disposal fee will be denied future reservations until the fee is paid in full.
- Most campsites may be reserved from May 1 through October 31. Some parks accept reservations year-round; please review the information about the campsite you are wanting to reserve on the ExploreMoreIL website.
- A campsite may be reserved for a maximum of 14 nights.
- Reservations will be held for the entire length of the booked stay.
- A reserved campsite must be vacated by 3 p.m. on the last day of the reservation period.
- Most campgrounds have first-come first-served sites, please contact the park for availability of these sites.
- Additional permits may be required for large groups. Please review our permits section for more information.
The reservation fee is $5.00, plus the entire camping fee for each camp site reserved. This $5.00 reservation fee is non-refundable unless the campground is closed by the Department of Natural Resources. The non-refundable shelter reservation fees are $25.
- The $5.00 reservation fee will NOT be refunded. The camping fees will be refunded if cancelled on the website 3 days in advance of your arrival.
- Reservations will be held for the entire camping reservation.
- Campers must comply with all other Department camping rules which are posted at each site.
- Reservations must be made on the website at least three days before the campsite is needed.
- All cancellations must be made on the website.
List of IDNR Sites taking Reservations