2020 Waterfowl Season Updates:
- Waterfowl hunters planning on hunting the site in 2020 are encouraged to call the site prior to hunting if they have any questions on specific registering procedures.
- The site will maintain a manned check station, open all 60 of the Central Zone waterfowl season, from 4am - 12 noon.
- Those hunters who own blinds must continue to register in person at the check station prior to one hr before shooting time each day.
- Those who wish to be placed in the daily lottery must register before one hr before shooting time each day and wait until the morning lottery is conducted before proceeding to a duck blind.
- All hunters must remain outside the check station and register thru the window while practicing social distancing and wear a mask if standing near other hunters to prevent the spread of the Covid 19 virus.
- The check station will be open to additional hunters and for those wishing to occupy duck blinds vacated by prior hunters earlier that day from 9am until 12 noon. No other hunters are permitted to occupy a blind once the check station closes at 12 noon.
- Hunters must deposit harvest cards to the check station if they are done hunting by 12 noon or via the sign out box located near the office front door if their hunt is over after 12 noon.
Horseshoe Lake State Park is located off Highway 111 in the southwestern part of Illinois in Madison County. With easy access from the Metro East for visitors from throughout the region, the park offers a wide variety of recreational opportunities on 2,960 acres.