UPDATE: As of May 1st, the following areas are OPEN:
- Walking is permitted throughout the park, including campgrounds.
- Vault toilets are open.
- Shower house is open with flush toilets and handwashing sinks; showers remain closed.
- Boat ramps are open.
- Fishing is permitted.
- Mushroom hunting is permitted.
- Archery range is open.
The following areas are CLOSED:
- Hiking trails are temporally closed for repairs.
- Park office is closed to the public, but office personnel are available to answer informational phone calls on a limited basis.
- All campgrounds are closed to camping but are open for walking or biking.
- All shelters and playgrounds are closed.
- Concession operations are closed.
- All programs and events are canceled or postponed.
Beautiful rolling hills and woods surround star-shaped Lake Murphysboro and provide a wonderful backdrop for boating, fishing, picnicking, camping and hiking. Located in Jackson County about 1 mile west of Murphysboro off Route 149, the 1,022-acre state park is the perfect place to enjoy the great outdoors.
Lake Murphysboro State Park is located in Jackson County on the north side of Rt. 149, approximately 2 miles west of Murphysboro. From Rt. 13, 127, and 149 junction, take Rt. 149 west 2 miles to the entrance of Lake Murphysboro State Park/Kinkaid Lake. From Rt. 3, take 149 east approximately 5 miles to the entrance of Lake Murphysboro State Park/Kinkaid Lake.
- While groups of 25 or more are welcome and encouraged to use the park's facilities, they are required to register in advance with the site office to avoid crowding or scheduling conflicts.
- At least one responsible adult must accompany each group of 15 minors.
- Pets must be kept on leashes at all times.
- Actions by nature can result in closed roads and other facilities. Please call ahead to the park office before you make your trip.
We hope you enjoy your stay. Remember, take only memories, leave only footprints.