PARK VISITOR GUIDELINES:
As of August 2021 MASKS are REQUIRED to enter any state park building such as the restrooms, Lodge, or Starved Rock Visitor Center regardless of vaccination status. Masks are required if you are attending an indoor program at the Starved Rock Visitor Center.
The Visitor Center exhibit hall, park office, and information desk are open Monday through Sunday:
- 9-4, April through November
- 9-4, M-Su, December through March
- 1st and 2nd Sundays 10-4
- 2nd Saturday 10-4
Closed on Election Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Lincolns Birthday, and Presidents Day.
- Tonti Canyon trail from LaSalle Canyon (west side) and the bridge is CLOSED to the public! Health and Safety
- Beehive Overlook is CLOSED for repairs
- Owl Canyon Overlook is CLOSED to the public! Health and Safety
- All Ice Climbers must register/check in and check out at the Park Maintenance front porch and follow all park rules and regulations listed at park maintenance and under the brochure found on the Activity tab above. Those that do not will be fined and denied access back to the park for future climbing opportunities.