The Visitor Center exhibit hall, park office, and information desk are open Monday through Sunday:
- 9-4, April through November
- 9-4, M-F, December through March
- Saturday and Sunday, 10-4
Visitor Center CLOSED on:
- Election Day
- Veterans Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- New Years' Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Lincolns Birthday
- Presidents Day
Closures (Please view trail map under Activity Tab for location names. Trails will be marked as closed on the trail)
- The Movie Theater at the Starved Rock Visitor Center is
CLOSED until further notice.
- Brown bluff trail above French Canyon is CLOSED
- Tonti Canyon and Tonti Bridge are CLOSED.
- West side trail from LaSalle Canyon to Tonti Canyon is CLOSED.
Beehive Overlook is CLOSED.
Owl Canyon Overlook is CLOSED.
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources requires any group of 20 or more persons who use Department facilities (trails, shelters, group hikes, and tour groups (schools, youth groups, families, travel or outdoor tours, etc) to have advance written permission from the Site Superintendent or Site Manager. Activity Permit Activity Permits must be submitted to DNR.StarvedRock@illinois.gov at least 3 weeks prior to the visit for site and state approval. Filming permits and Permits to Sell must be requested at least 1 month in advance by emailing DNR.StarvedRock@illinois.gov.